Compact Advanced provides C1-level students with thorough preparation and practice of the grammar, vocabulary, language skills, topics and exam skills needed for success in the revised Cambridge English: Advanced exam. Ten units cover all four exam papers, focusing on one part of each paper in each unit. Reading and Listening texts cover all core topics. Writing tasks include both sample and model answers, and Speaking activities are designed to improve fluency and accuracy, and to help students express themselves with confidence. Grammar sections provide additional focus on developing the necessary grammar for the Reading and Use of English paper. Vocabulary input is at C1 level and is informed by English Vocabulary Profile research. Grammar and vocabulary work is integrated with exam practice, and include exercises informed by the Cambridge Learner Corpus of real exam candidates’ answers.
- Official preparation from Cambridge English Language Assessment and Cambridge University Press for the revised Cambridge English: Advanced exam from 2015
- Informed by research into real learner English from the Cambridge Learner Corpus and English Vocabulary Profile
- Ten units covering all papers: each unit focuses on one part of each paper
- Each unit contains exam tips and ‘Quick steps’, building up strategies for tackling the exam tasks which follow
- Full Writing, Listening and Speaking guides are provided at the back of the Student’s Book
- A unit-based wordlist brings together target vocabulary and definitions
- Two complete practice tests are available online for teachers to access
- The CD-ROM provides additional interactive grammar, vocabulary and exam skills practice.
- A Revision page with every unit checks and measures student progress
Pass : tienganhedu.com