Skills– Strategies– Confidence. This book/CD-ROM package gives students all the tools they need to succeed on the TOEFL(r) paper-based test. Providing both a comprehensive language skills course and a wealth of practice for all sections of the paper test, the “Longman Preparation Course” is appropriate for courses in TOEFL(r) test preparation or as a supplement to more general ESL courses.
In the Student Book:
- Complete language skills instruction for skills tested on both the TOEFL(r) paper test and the Test of Written English.
- Longer reading passages that reflect the latest testing format. Diagnostic pre-tests and evaluation post-tests for each section that allow students to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Practice exercises for each of the language skills that maximize understanding and retention.
- Five complete Practice Tests that familiarize students with the actual test format and timing.
In the CD-ROM:
- An additional 1,450 test questions in both practice sections and three more simulated tests.
- Pop-up explanations to enhance understanding.
- Easy-to-use scoring and record keeping to monitor progress.
A separate audio program– available on your choice of cassettes or CDs– includes the complete materials from the Listening Comprehension section and Complete Tests in the text.