Free Download English Vocabulary in Use with Answers (Upper-Intermediate) – PDF version by Michael McCarthy, Felicity O’Dell, published by Cambridge
The third in the family of best-selling vocabulary reference and practice books from elementary to advanced level. The perfect choice for upper-intermediate level students wanting to build their vocabulary skills. English Vocabulary in Use: Upper-intermediate includes over 2,000 new words and expressions which are presented and practised in typical contexts appropriate to this level. A test book is also available for extra practice. This ‘with answers’ edition is ideal for self study.
- 100 units of vocabulary reference and practice
- Easy to use and covers most of the areas a general student would wish to look into, such as: a guide to the language of headlines in newspapers, vocabulary to do with crime, taste, sense, sounds, feelings.
- Covers more concrete topics such as politics, money and shopping.
- Suitable for anybody who has a burning desire to get band 6.5 or above in IELTS test
- The book is informed by the Cambridge International Corpus to ensure that the vocabulary selected is useful and up to date.
By Daisy Andersen, IELTS book reviewer:
‘One clear reason why English Vocabulary in Use will succeed is apparent in its coverage. The authors offer plenty of lexical breadth to their intended audience of upper intermediate and advanced learners … Like puzzle or crossword books are for many a train traveller, the English Vocabulary in Use formula is potentially addictive to the industrious, independently studying learner of English. The book will certainly do much to feed learners’ prodigious appetites for lexis as it offers both an engaging work of reference and a cornucopia of lively vocabulary practice. It is set to become a standard work among learners the world over.’
By Andrew Michael – IELTS Teacher in UK:
This is book is one of the few books I can wholeheartedly recommend for students of English. It is easy to use and covers most of the areas a general student would wish to look into, such as: a guide to the language of headlines in newspapers, vocabulary to do with crime, taste, sense, sounds, feelings. It also covers more concrete topics such as politics, money and shopping.
The format of the book is traditional, and it is very much a book to do with learning. The exercises which follow the vocabulary explanations are imaginative and effective.
Free download is hidden due to the owner’s request
Cambridge English Vocabulary in Use with Answers (Upper-Intermediate) (PDF)
No Ads, 1 Links (Drive), No Waiting For Time