Oxford English for The Energy Industry – Simon Campbell (PDF + CD-Rom). English for The Energy Industry is an ideal short course for anyone who needs English to communicate with colleagues and business contacts in the energy industry sector.
The Express Series is ideal for students in employment, who want to communicate better in English. These short, intensive courses can be completed in 25-30 hours, so students make progress quickly. Titles in the Express Series can be used in a variety of ways: as stand-alone courses, for self-study using the interactive MultiROM, or alongside a coursEbook such as International Express.
English for The Energy Industry is an ideal short course for anyone who needs English to communicate with colleagues and business contacts in the energy industry sector.
English for the Energy Industry gives students the necessary linguistic skills to understand daily situations in the work environment, and complex developments within the global energy sector.
English for the Energy Industry is divided into units by theme, such as energy production, environmental protection, technology, PR, business policy, and strategy.
Reading texts, diagrams, and authentic documents help students to learn key vocabulary and phrases in context. Role-plays allow learners to practise language and skills in realistic situations.
– Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
– Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
– STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
– OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
– Answers, transcripts, tests, and a glossary of footballing terms at the back of the book
– Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice.