Oxford English for Careers Tourism 1,2,3 – Robin Walker – Keith Harding 2008 – SB, TB, Audio CD (PDF, Mp3), Oxford University Press
Tourism is a specialist English course for pre-work students preparing for a career in the tourism industry.
Tourism provides students with the language, information, and skills for three different aspects of the tourism industry: promoting and selling tourism products (Level 1), dealing with tourists on holiday (Level 2), and tourism management (Level 3).
- It’s my job – provides an authentic insight from professionals working in tourism.
- Focus on interpersonal skills for customer relations, plus key management skills.
- Find out tourism projects and internet research encourage students to take an active role in learning.
- Writing bank provides practice in writing emails, presentations, and reports.
- Facts, figures, and quotations generate interest for further discussion.
- Interactive exercises on Student’s website revise and recycle language.