Oxford English for Customer – Rosemary Richey , 2007 (PDF, Mp3, CD-exe). English for Customer Care is an ideal short course for those who need to communicate with customers effectively and politely in English, over the phone, in person, or in writing.
The Express Series is ideal for students in employment, who want to communicate better in English. These short, intensive courses can be completed in 25-30 hours, so students make progress quickly. Titles in the Express Series can be used in a variety of ways: as stand-alone courses, for self-study using the interactive MultiROM, or alongside a coursEbook such as International Express.
English for Customer Care is suitable for people who have direct contact with customers in a variety of contexts, including hotels, banks, helpdesks and call centres.
Students learn the language skills, professional techniques, and specific strategies they need to communicate successfully in English with customers.
Each unit of English for Customer Care addresses the different forms of customer contact, such as face to face meetings, telephone calls, and written communication. The final unit presents the skills needed to solve problems and deal with customer complaints effectively.
– Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject
– Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies
– STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities
– OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection
– Answers, transcripts, tests, and a glossary of footballing terms at the back of the book
– Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice.